You can add caption files to your videos and audio to provide closed captions for learners who are hard of hearing or subtitles for learners who may not understand the language being spoken. Captions help expand the accessibility of your course, making your content easier to engage with by a wider, more diverse audience.
We support the upload of caption files in either VTT or SRT format.
|Note: It is only possible to add captions to videos that you have uploaded to Elucidat. If you’d like to enable or add captions to a video embedded from a third-party service, this will need to be done at the third-party side.
Adding captions to a video
1. To add captions to your video, open a page in the Project which contains a video player with a video already uploaded to it. To find out how to add a video to your Project, see Uploading your own videos.
2. Select Author.
3. Select the Edit menu icon on the top right of the video player.
4. Select Video to reveal the video settings:
5. Select From Library > Captions/Subtitles to add a caption file from your Asset Library.
6.. Choose the caption file you’d like to use from the Asset Library and then select Use this Text to add it to your video:
7. Once added, they will appear in the Video settings:
8. Alternatively, you can add caption files directly from your device by selecting the Upload button:
9. Select the Save button to save the page changes. The captions can be toggled on or off using the CC button on the video container:
Adding captions to audio
1. To add captions to your audio, open a page in the Project which contains an audio player with an audio file already uploaded to it. To find out how to add an audio player to your Project, see Adding audio.
2. Select Author.
3. Select the Edit menu icon on the top right of the audio player.
4. Select Audio to reveal the video settings:
5. Select From Library or Upload > Captions/Subtitles and follow instructions from step 5 onwards of Adding captions to a video.