If your video is too large to upload to the platform, you'll need to compress it. Elucidat accepts videos up to 40MB so we'd recommend aiming for a size of 40MB or less.
Handbrake is a free open source video transcoder which you can use for this purpose.
Compressing your video using Handbrake
After downloading and installing Handbrake, open the program and follow these steps to compress your video.
1. When Handbrake opens, press Source:
2. Choose where you would like the compressed file to go by pressing Browse:
3. Choose the output format. We recommend choosing MP4:
4. Choose the quality you want to output in order to reduce the file size below, in this case I'll reduce by around half, so I put the slider half way:
5. Once everything's ready, press Start and the file will be compressed: