The Learning Accelerator is one of the various ways you can create a new course. Using the Learning Accelerator option enables you to quickly create a course from a set number of templates. These templates provide a broad range of scenarios you may wish to utilise, from using social polls to creating in-course menu pages.
The layout, course structure and settings from the template you choose are automatically applied to your new course when you use the Learning Accelerator option. You are then able to apply your own Style to the template and insert the content to the pages that are relevant to your learners.
If you'd like to find out more about how to create your own templates, see Creating a template.
There are two options you can choose from when using the Learning Accelerator, you can either choose a template yourself or have one recommended based on how you answer a series of questions.
1. Select Start:
2. Select Go for speed with the Learning Accelerator option:
3. Select a Style you would like to apply to the Project.
4. Enter the name for your Project and select the folder in which you would like to place your Project..
5. Select the Get started button:
6. Select either Get recommendations or See all Templates:
7. Selecting Get recommendations will take you through four questions based on the overall objective of your Project:
8. Following the questions, you will then be recommended a template based on how you answered:
9. Alternatively, you can See all Templates to get a list of all the templates available to you:
10. Hover over a template and select View details to find out more about the Project:
11. An overview of the template, including a description of the Project and what it is good for, will open. Select See example course to open and access the course as a learner. Select Download storyboard to export a storyboard of your Project template that can be viewed and edited in a word processor:
12. Once you have decided on a template for your course, select Use template:
13. A new course will be created with the same format as the template:
14. Open any Page to begin adding your content to the course: