When creating Variations, you need to also create a Variation that is the same language as the Parent so that your content is available to your learners in its original language e.g. if your Parent Course is in English, you’ll also need to create an English Variation.
You won’t need to follow the same translation process as other languages to do this. Instead, you can manually create a Variation and then leave it untranslated.
Because this Variation has not had its text replaced via a translation, it will continue to inherit its text from the Parent.
This means that if you need to make a change or addition to the Parent Course, the original language Variation will inherit this change. There’s no need to update it or recreate it. To find out more about the relationship between Parent Courses and Variations, see Feature Focus: Parent Courses and Variations
Creating the Variation
If you have a Parent Course in English and you would like to create an English Variation of that Parent, you would do the following:
1. Go to Variations Manager:
2. Select Make new Variations:
3. Then select Manually enter project names:
4. Select the language that the Parent has been created in. In this example, the Parent is in English, so you would choose English from the dropdown menu:
5. Then select Create Variations to start creating that Variation:
6. Once the Variation has been built, your English Variation will appear in Variations Manager: