Responsive Drag and Drop questions work by requiring your learner to split predefined answers into groups.
Adding a Responsive Drag and Drop question type
1. Open the page in your course where you would like to add the Responsive Drag and Drop question type.
2. In Layout, navigate to the position on the page where you would like to add the Responsive Drag and Drop question type and click the Add here button.
3. Select Questions and Results:
4. Select Sort answers:
5. Select Responsive Drag and Drop:
6. A Responsive Drag and Drop question type will be added to the page, with three Droppers and two Dropboxes by default. Click the Save button to save the changes.
Responsive Drag and Drop Settings
In Layout, the settings for the Responsive Drag and Drop question type can be found by clicking on the variations menu on the top right of the interaction:
Under Variations you have the option to select the Form Type. This setting determines whether the question is considered as part of an Assessment or used as a Knowledge Check. To find out more about the different Form Types, see Feature Focus: Question Types.
The Hide Question Header checkbox allows you to remove the bold question header on the form.
Setting up a Responsive Drag and Drop question type
In Author, click in the text boxes to change the default text to the question you want to ask and to add a sentence before the answer:
To link the Dropper to the correct Dropbox, select the variations menu on the top right of the Dropper:
Under Drop Target select the correct Dropbox for that Dropper:
To add more Droppers, click the + Add Dropper button:
To add more Dropboxes, click the + Add Dropbox button:
Responsive Drag and Drop Example
Here is a typical example of how a Responsive Drag and Drop question type is often used. The example asks the learner to determine and sort which answers are a city and which are a country. In Preview the Droppers are stacked in order, from left to right, ready to be sorted into the correct Dropbox:
The Dropbox will appear on the page for as long as the learner clicks and holds onto the Dropper:
Once all the Droppers have been sorted into a Dropbox, the learner can then submit their answers.
|Note: If you want the Dropboxes to display on screen prior to the Droppers being selected, you may prefer to use the Drag & Drop question type.|