Our commitment to accessibility
We’re committed to enabling our customers to create elearning that meets WCAG 2.1 and Section 508 compliance guidelines.
At Elucidat, we believe that learning should be accessible to everyone, regardless of ability. It is important that the content created through our platform is inclusive, user-friendly, and meets the highest possible accessibility standards.
We recognize that individuals with disabilities must have the same opportunities to learn and grow as anyone else. This is not just an ethical obligation but a legal requirement, as per Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act in the United States and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which are internationally recognized standards.
To ensure that the elearning content created with Elucidat can be effectively accessed and used by all, we are committed to helping our customers make decisions to enable courses that comply with WCAG 2.1 guidelines and Section 508 standards. We also continuously improve and refine our product to maintain accessibility compliance.
Features for creating accessible content with Elucidat
Some of the ways Elucidat supports the creation of accessible elearning content:
- Customizable Color Contrast: Select from various color palettes or create your own to ensure a sufficient contrast ratio between text and background, making the content more readable for individuals with visual impairments.
- Keyboard Navigation: Enable keyboard tabbing so users can navigate the course using only the keyboard. This is especially important for individuals unable to use a mouse or a touch screen.
Alternative Text for Images: Easily add alternative text to non-decorative images so that screen readers can convey the information in the images to those with visual impairments.
- Screen Reader Compatibility: Our authoring tool is compatible with screen readers, ensuring that visually impaired users can have the content read aloud to them coherently.
- Readable Fonts: Choose from a range of visually appealing fonts that are easy to read, enhancing the experience for users with dyslexia or other reading difficulties.
- Logical Content Structure: Employ hierarchical headings and a logical content structure, which helps screen readers interpret the content and provide a more effective reading experience.
- Accessible Page Types: Choose from our library of clearly identified accessible Page Types so you know the pages you add to your course will meet accessibility guidelines.
At Elucidat, we are passionate about making elearning accessible for all. Our ongoing commitment to accessibility is embedded in the fabric of our product and our company culture. Through innovation and dedication, we will continue to ensure that Elucidat remains a platform that supports creators to develop inclusive and accessible elearning content.
If you have any questions or need assistance with creating accessible elearning content, please see the Creating accessible learning section in the Help Center or contact our Support team.