If you are creating Elucidat Projects in different languages, you may need to enable right-to-left text direction so that languages which read right-to-left, such as Arabic or Hebrew, can be displayed correctly. You can find out more about creating courses in multiple languages by reading Feature Focus: Parent Courses and Variations.
Enabling right-to-left text not only ensures that text is in the correct direction but also changes any interactions or elements that follow a sequential direction. For example, the direction of a Carousel will be reversed when right-to-left text is enabled.
You can enable right-to-left text for the whole Project at once or you can individually set it for titles.
|Tip: Enabling right to left text will not amend the layout of the page itself. This means that the direction of the Columns part will not be altered, only the text within them. If you’re using Columns for a Project using right-to-left text, you’ll need to amend their direction manually in Layout. For more information about how to do this, see Moving parts around the page.|
Enabling right to left text for the whole Project
1. To change the text to read Right to left, open the Project you'd like to change.
2. Open any page in Author.
3. Select the Edit menu on the top right of the page. This contains settings that affect the entire Project, not just the page you're on:
4. In Typography, find the dropdown menu for Text direction and select Right to left:
5. Save your changes with the Save button.
Enabling right to left text for titles
1. To change a title to read Right to left, open the page where the title you'd like change is.
2. Open the Edit menu on the top right of the title field:
3. In Typography, select the dropdown menu for Text direction and choose Right to left:
4. Select the Save button to save the changes.