Using a Text Answer Multiple Choice question can be used to ask learners questions which have more than one answer to a question.
Adding a Text Answer Multiple Choice question type
1. Open the page in your course where you would like to add the Text Answer Multiple Choice question type.
2. In Layout, navigate to the position on the page where you would like to add the Text Answer Multiple Choice question type and click the Add here button.
3. Select Questions and Results:
4. Select Select multiple answers:
5. Select Text Answer Multiple Choice:
6. A Text Answer Multiple Choice question type will be added to the page and three answers will be added by default. Click the Save button to save the changes.
Text Answer Multiple Choice Settings
In Layout, the settings for the Text Answer Multiple Choice question type can be found by clicking on the Variations menu on the top right of the interaction:
Under Variations you have the option to select the Form Type. This setting determines whether the question is considered as part of an Assessment or Survey, or used as a Knowledge Check. To find out more about the different Form Types, see Feature Focus: Question Types.
The Space around answers option lets you determine how close the answers are to the edges of the question container.
The Items per row option allows you to determine how many answers appear before a new row starts. This setting can also be determined for Tablet and Mobile devices.
The Hide Question Header checkbox allows you to remove the bold question header on the form.
Setting up a Text Answer Multiple Choice question type
In Author, click in the text boxes to change the default text to the question you want to ask and to add a sentence before the answer, if required:
By default, all of the answers are set to incorrect, and you will need to set all of the correct answer options to be correct. To select whether an answer is correct (or change it back to incorrect), first select the Edit menu on the top right of the answer element:
Under Answer is… select your preferred setting for the answer:
To add more answer options for the learner to choose from, click the + Add Answer button on the bottom right of the interaction:
Text Answer Multiple Choice Example
Here is a typical example of how a Text Answer Multiple Choice question type is often used. This example asks the learner to determine which are the Elucidat company values from the list of options:
The learner then selects what they believe to be the correct answers:
Once selected, the learner then clicks the Submit button to submit their answer.