To begin creating language Variations of a Parent Course, you’ll need to export a translation file from Variations Manager. The file is an export from the Parent Course and will contain all of its text content.
|Tip: You can also export the Parent Course’s translation file from its Configure tab. For more information about this, see Exporting a Translation file from a Project.|
1. To export the Parent’s translation file, go to Variations Manager:
2. Then select Export Translation:
3. Select your preferred file format – CSV or XLIFF 1.2:
4. Then select what you’d like to be included in your translation file. If you are making your first export, you’ll need to select Everything:
A guide to the export options
- If you only want to include the edits or additions that have been made since the file was last exported, select Changes since your last export. You might want to use this if you have previously exported a file and created Variations from that export but you have made changes to your Parent since then that need to be translated. This option will enable you to translate only the changes rather than translating the entire file again.
- Unchecking Include Page titles will mean that page titles are not included in your export.
- Unchecking Include Interactive Elements will mean that Theme translations will not be included in the export. To find out more about Theme translations, please see our CSV or XLIFF articles.
Once you've exported your translation file, you can begin translating the content inside. Once the content inside the files have been translated, you can use them to create your Variations.