Pass and Fail pages can be created to display to a user whether they have passed or failed an assessment in the course. Making use of Rules, users can be automatically directed to the correct page depending on their score.
The example course shown below has a number of scored questions followed by a Pass and Fail page.
The Pass and Fail pages are initially hidden from the user taking the course by Rules applied in its Page Settings. This is shown by the small icon on top of the page in the Pages tab.
|Note: Before carrying out the steps below, you’ll first need to create the two pages which hold the Pass and Fail content.|
Setting up the Pass page
1. Open the Pass page you created.
2. Select Page Settings and click on the Rules tab.
3. There are two Rules available to display a page based on a user's score. The Score option allows you to manually set the percentage threshold a user would need to access the Pass page.
In the above example, the Pass page is hidden until a user submits a score of greater than or equal to 80%.
4. The Result option provides a choice based on the project’s Pass rate setting under the Scoring & Completion tab on the Configure page.
In the above example, the Pass page is hidden until the user achieves the percentage threshold set via the project’s Pass rate.
Setting up the Fail page
1. Open the Fail page you created.
2. Select Page settings and click on the Rules tab.
3. Select the Score option and manually set the threshold a user would need to access the Fail page.
In the above example, the Fail page is hidden until a user submits a score of 79% or less.
4. Select the Result option to have the page hidden based on the project’s pass rate.
In the above example, the Fail page is hidden until the user achieves a score that doesn’t pass the percentage threshold set by the project’s Pass rate.
Linking to the Pass / Fail page
Once set up, the Pass and Fail pages will be hidden by Rules. They will only be accessible to the learner when the criteria for those rules have been met.
The link navigating the user forward from the final question page to the next page in the course should be set to Next page (automatic).
When the user submits an answer for the final question, a score is determined. Depending on this score, either the Pass of Fail page will become accessible.
With the link set to Next page (automatic), the user will automatically be directed to the correct page, based on their submitted score.