When creating new support tickets (Conversations) it’s useful if you can provide as much information as possible so we can help you most effectively. It will also speed things up by saving the additional step of us having to request it from you!
What's useful information to include in a ticket?
It's most useful to cover the basics such as:
- A detailed description of the behaviour you're seeing, and how it differs from what you expect to be seeing - this is important as in some cases what you expect to see may be different from what we'd expect to see.
- The relevant Project code/s and page name/s - here's a quick video to show you how to do this.
- Screenshots of the issue - a whole-screen screenshot is often best so we have context and can see exactly where you are in the app, annotation (arrows, circling) can also be useful.
- Consider adding a screen capture video as this can often help explain a complex issue more quickly than trying to write a description. Loom can be useful for creating such videos.
- Detailed steps to replicate the behaviour you are finding. Please use as much terminology from the interface as possible, as the first thing we seek to do in support is replicate the behaviour you are encountering.
- Let us know the environment you are working in, for example: the specific browser and browser version, whether you're using a mobile or desktop computer, are you viewing the course in an LMS or a direct link release?
If we need any additional information which would help us with your specific request, we'll come back to you and ask for this.
Support scope - what we can help you with
The primary purpose of our support service is to help users who are encountering issues or bugs and these users are treated as our main priority.
We are happy to provide limited advice on how to develop your courses, however this is not the primary focus of our technical support service, so you may encounter delays with requests of this nature.
Issues which are occurring only in a specific non-Elucidat environment, for example in a specific LMS or another app, are outside the scope of our support offering.