CSV selection for Excel
Please note that CSV imports need to use Comma Separated values, to ensure you are formatting your Excel exports with Commas, please follow these instructions:
1. Make sure Excel is closed
2. Navigate to 'Control panel'
3. Select ‘Region and Language’
4. Click the ‘Additional Settings’ button
5. Find the List separator and change it to Comma (,).
6. Click OK
8. Exit Control panel
9. Open the Excel file you want to export to a Comma Separated file
10. Select File, 'Save As'
11. Change the ‘Save as type’ to ‘CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv)’
Please note that translations files (both XLIFF and CSV) will contain HTML tags. These need to be retained in order to ensure that your text is formatted correct as these tags determine the size of your text, the colour of your text and the formatting (e.g bold/italic).
If you use Trados for your XLIFF translations, we recommend switching this setting on as segmentation is not required.
If you are new to translations, we recommend watching the webinar embedded below, if you would like to see exactly how to create content skip to 11 minutes in .